Icelandic sheep of Iowa

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Roving

We have all heard the nursery rhym, Black sheep, black sheep have you any wool? Yes, sir, yes sir three bags full...... Well in my house we say, Yes sir, Yes sir, three rooms full..... and we aren't kidding. I had ordered 25 pounds of roving from a mill in Colorado last week, and I'm splitting the order with two other people. It was a huge box stuffed and I mean stuffed full of white roving. It all has been carded, its a mixed bag of different wool, some with mohair. You know it has mohair because of a pink strip. That strip really bothered me, and it turns out that it washes right out. So I'm gonna try to dye about 8 ounces later today for a scarf my niece and God daughter. My sister suggested either green or black. Black? Well I can dye black easy enough. I also will try using different colors on a another batch, I think vermillion, yellow and burnt orange. I'll post pictures as soon as I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home