Icelandic sheep of Iowa

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Chloe with her sheep


This is Chloe, our Great Pyreenes puppy. She is around 12 weeks here and we are training her to stay with her sheep. She has a very large pen, with a creep gate that only she can get thru, that has her food and dog house. Then a pen around that holds up to 6 six sheep comfortably. I try to cycle different ewes in there for her and the sheep. Today was very warm for Iowa. I think it reached mid 50's so I did some work outside, clipped Chloe's nails and let her romp with the rest of the sheep. She did well, 4 more weeks and she can live with the herd full time. The rest of the day was busy spinning Clover. My Icelandic roving for some felted slippers for my dad and mom. Christmas presents.

1 Comments:

Blogger 8 Richmonds & 2 Corgis said...

Hi
I found your blog by googling "icelandic sheep in iowa" I am in the research phase of starting a fiber flock and I am interested in Icelandic sheep. If you have time (I have 6 kids so I can understand if you can't) could I email you a few questions? Thanks and God bless! Marie Richmond
ps if you want you can view my blog at http://8richmonds2corgis.blogspot.com. It is WAY out of date--I don't hink I have posted anything in like a year or so but I hope to get back to it one day. Thanks again!

September 7, 2008 at 3:09:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home