Icelandic sheep of Iowa

Friday, December 8, 2006

Christmas projects

I haven't posted forever!

We had a lovely Thanksgiving. I finished my father-n-laws slippers, and I just finished my mother-n-laws slippers today! They were both knitted with Lopi yarn,and the n felted, my father n-laws yarn was store bought, and I used the left over gray for my mother-n-law's, but I got to spin my new roving into lopi yarn and then I dyed it because it was too close the the gray store bought yarn. Color wise I mean. So we dyed it gunmetal blue and it turned out so wonderful! It had some shades of black mixed in, totally awesome. The slippers should fit my mil, but I'm afraid the slippers for my fil will be too big. I gambled with the size, he's a size 9 and I made him a large womens. Oh well, hopefully with socks they won't be too bad. I made them slippers manly because my fil has poor circulation and his feet and hands get so cold. Wool is good for keeping you warm.... plus they are made from us and from our sheep. Well some of it was......... NowI finish my scarf for Danielle. My sixteen year old. We purchased some white Shetland fleece, washed it and carded it. Its so soft and such a pretty scarf. Now I need to make my mom and dad their slippers and my God son, Daniele his hat. All this in 18 days!

Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home