Icelandic sheep of Iowa

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Shearing time!

OH my gosh! We had our sheep sheared last week. The only time our shearer could, and wouldn't you know that the weather turned bitter cold! Now its raining with a nasty wind. I know I shouldn't worry too much about these guys, but I just took their wonderful winter coat off! Not to mention that I thought we wouldn't lamb until late this month, but wouldn't you know the day after they were sheared we had our first lambs..... 3 and only 1 made it from last Thursday. Saturday we had twins, girls, and they are doing well so far...... and it looks like we have 3 more ready to go any time now....

So I"m gonna have to move this fleece... It won't be as nice as my fall shear because the animals have been on hay all winter. As hard as I tried, they still managed to get some in their fleece.......

Well off to finish making my kombucha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home