Icelandic sheep of Iowa

Monday, December 1, 2008

Soap anyone?

Here it is December 1st and I'm still making soap for presents1 Ugh! I made a batch of lavender/olive/coconut oil soap right before Thanksgiving. That should be ready unless I totally messed up the measurments. Today I'm making peppermint/ecualyptus olive/coconut oil and lard soap. This one of one of my favorites. The soap lathers well, and smells wonderful! Lovely in the morning, really picks you up! Its also very cooling, after a hot day working outside.

I try to make enough soap for us to last a year, and have enough to give away for presents. I like the fact its homemade, it has zero ingredents that are harmful, and its way cheaper than buying my soap from the health food store.

I'll also be working on cotton wash clothes and hand knitted socks. I'll be busy these next few weeks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dori Ann said...

I'm sure your soap will turn out wonderful! I want to share with you my Christmas soap event. I had never made soap before, got a recipe figured what a great Christmas present for all. I'm handy, I can do this. Well I'm one of those that thinks more is better. By more I mean Rose hips, Oatmeal, Rose Petals, Lavender, Nutmeg. What ever you envision, it was worse :0 I had the most scratchy, roughest soap you have ever seen.
Nope, never made soap again! :))

December 23, 2008 at 9:20:00 AM PST  
Blogger Kim said...

I enjoyed reading your blogs and I am very interested in making my own soap but do not even know where to start. Would you be so kind as to tell me how you make your soap and where you get your supplies to make from? Is it hard to do?
Thank you and I'll be waiting for your reply.

January 22, 2009 at 8:27:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home